“QuickLabel will be the first narrow web, full system provider to the flexible electronics industry. It brings together the necessary elements of devices, inks, substrates, print quality, ribbon saver, and application expertise,” says Dene Taylor, President at SPF -Inc.
“AstroNova is excited about this partnership with SPF and the potential opportunities with flexible printed circuits technology. We look forward to growing with SPF in this exciting industry,” said AstroNova CTO & VP of Strategic Technical Alliances Michael Natalizia.
- AstroNova has been manufacturing printed circuit boards and supports RFID applications, so are experts with primary Metallograph® applications.
- QuickLabel sells industrial thermal transfer printers ideally suited for Metallograph®, especially multi-layer printed electronics.
- AstroNova has experts for the full complement of thermal transfer components.
- QuickLabel sells a broad range of substrates useful for flexible electronics.
- The QLS-4100 XE multi-layer roll-to-roll printer with Metallograph® ribbons is the most productive single pass output device in this industry.
- AstroNova has a strong presence in North America and Europe, the centers of flexible electronic innovation.
About SPF-Inc. Metallograph®
AstroNova Inc, a global leader in data visualization technologies since 1969, designs, manufactures, distributes, and services a broad range of products that acquire, store, analyze and present data in multiple formats. The Product Identification segment offers a variety of hardware and software products and associated supplies that allow customers to mark, track, and enhance the appearance of their products. The segment’s two business units are QuickLabel®, the industry leader in tabletop digital color label printing, and TrojanLabel®, an innovative leader for professional label presses and specialty printers. The Test and Measurement segment includes the Test & Measurement business unit, which offers a suite of products and services that acquire, record, and analyze electronic signal data from local and networked sensors. The segment also includes the AstroNova Aerospace business unit, which designs and manufactures avionics equipment and systems that serve the world’s aerospace and defense industries with proven advanced airborne technology solutions for both the cockpit and the cabin. The key products include flight deck printers, networking hardware, and related accessories.
For further information, contact:
Director of Marketing
101 Old York Road
New Hope, PA 18938
Jennifer Pray, 401-298-8728
Sr. Manager, Marketing Communications